This guidance is intended for use by
- licensees of sites holding explosives licences granted by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
- Fire & Rescue Service fire safety inspectors enforcing Fire Safety Legislation (FSL)
- HSE inspectors
The purpose of this document is to highlight the legal position surrounding General and Process Fire Precautions and the interaction between fire safety and health and safety legislation. The FSL Guidance provides advice on General Fire Precautions, which applies to all factories and warehouses including explosives factories and magazines. This supplementary guidance highlights where requirements may differ from that given in the FSL Guidance’ in order to cater for the specific circumstances that are unique to buildings and sites where explosives are manufactured and stored.
This guidance aims to:
- Make explicit the appropriate standards of general fire precautions required at explosives facilities
- Describe what these precautions should entail
- Give advice on compliance with the law on emergency measures and liaison with the Fire and Rescue Service, geneerinen levitra.